Saturday, September 5, 2009

Being Pulled Apart

I am between a rock and a hard place. I feel like I am being pulled two opposite ways. On one hand, I know how important it is for J to be near his boys. On the other hand, I need to be able to support my son Jareth and myself (and J). Since there are NO jobs in Rhode Island (believe me, I probably applied for all that was up there), I feel like I need to move to where the jobs are. I feel so terrible because this means going the opposite way to the way we should be moving. I am really trying to do the best for my family overall, that includes my step-sons. However, I just don't see moving to Rhode Island as a possibility at this point in time. It is a very depressing thought and I am tearing myself up over it. It almost feels like I am putting Jareth first, over everyone. In a way, I am. But, I know that my step-sons are well cared for and have their needs met, at least financially, where they are. They need their father though and unless J and I have a temporary long-distance relationship, I don't see how we are going to make this work. What's worse is that J can't just go out and work with his Asperger Syndrome. His social anxiety makes it very difficult.. not that there would be a job for him anyway. The problem is that he was denied disability even though he is disabled. It's freaking crap! =(

2 comments:

  1. I can't fathom the idea of leaving my new wife and son like I left my other three children behind. The most important thing in my life right now is to reunite with my children and have them all grow up together. It is the least I can do after my own father abandoned me right after birth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G, my heart breaks for you. :-/

    I was so hopeful that you guys would be able to move to RI. But, I think you really need to move to where the jobs are for now. Nothing is forever, and eventually perhaps you could make a way to move to RI. But you have to be able to bring in money, or else no one will be helped.

    The stress of it must be eating you alive. I'm so sorry...I'm praying diligently that a solution will arise soon. I know that may not mean much; I (selfishly) just wish I could help.

    ~your friend

    ReplyDelete