Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's This All About?

There is a lot of research out there about Asperger Syndrome (also known as AS or Asperger's Disorder) and high-functioning autism. However this research and the resources based on that research are highly focused on children and early intervention. That doesn't help me being the wife of a 37 year old Aspie, and if you are reading this, I'm sure it didn't help you either.

I created this blog to go along with my husband's (adventuresofanaspie.blogspot.com) so you can see the black and white from him and all the shades of gray from my neurotypical perspective. Periodically, we will both review research or books to show you how they helped or didn't help us. We believe the adult Aspie has been very neglected, and we want to offer support, information and perhaps understanding through our unique relationship so you know that you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment